Friday, September 30, 2011

Fierce Friday: Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers

Fierce Fridays is something fun I want to do for my blog. What I'm going to do is post a fierce polish, stamp-icure or whatever I might come across that I believe is to die for. Now this polish is nowhere near new and has been on a lot of blogs, but I had to have it. I have been dragging my feet on purchasing Deborah Lippmann (because its pretty expensive $16-$20 per bottle), so I chose 4 amazing ones when I was finally ready to and this was one! Today I have Ruby Red Slippers which is fabulous! It has a black jelly base with red regular and hexagonal glitter! The sun was out so I swatched it and ran outside to take pictures so that you can see how amazing it looks on my skin tone in natural light!


It took 3 thin coats to reach opacity. I've seen others say that it was a difficult paint, but I thought it was amazing for it to be a jelly polish that has so much hexi glitter. The formula wasn't thick at all, it doesn't dry to a rough or bumpy finish like some jam packed glitters (its smooth so I used a regular top coat), but you should definitely be careful around the cuticles. Dry time was pretty good which surprised me because jellies usually take a bit more time in my opinion (OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston), but I don't have many jellies so I will find out along the way. Here are a few more pictures from different angles for you:



I hope you enjoyed my Fierce Friday babes!


Kisses
Marketta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I read each and every one of them :) ! Please be respectful and don't spam up the comments with links and page references asking me to check out your blog, if you would like me to check out your blog please send me an email and I would be happy to to do so: pinkpolishaddict@gmail.com. Comments with links and page references will not be approved to post.