Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 Days of Christmas: Candy Cane Nails

Good Morning Babes! Today is day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas challenge. Candy Cane Nails is what we have going on today. I chose blue candy canes because those are the yummiest ones to me. My base is Bettina Vintage Jean, stamped with Blue Years Eve by China Glaze, Passion Purple by Dr's Remedy, BM ip 207, and SV at my tc. I chose this ip because the stripes aren't small like traditional candy canes, so I wanted to switch it up a little bit. Its came out as a fail because I didn't line up the stamp properly but I just didn't have enough to to completely redo the mani, so hopefully you see what I was trying to achieve. I'm still really under the weather, so please excuse this mani.
My Challenge Mates:
Carolina - Colores de Carol
Marta - Chit Chat Nails 




Here's an idea of how I intended to stamp across my nail so that it would look more like the stripes on the candy cane.


Do you like my blue candy canes? The blue isn't exact but its the closes I could get. Have you checked out Tera, Marta and Carolina Candy Cane mani's yet? Thanks for stopping by to let me share with you. See you tomorrow for Wrapping Paper Nails.


Kisses
Marketta

6 comments:

  1. Definitely see what you were trying to do here. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post truly gives me an idea of how long and lovely your nails are! That stamp covers my entire nail and some... :D
    I tell you, I LOVE the colours you chose! My daughters shiver when they taste/hear "Mint" so this blueberry candy cane would be right up their alley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that water colour effect, actually! Hope you get all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, I like the blue and purple together! They really remind me of the Jelly Belly candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors! I sent you an award at http://nailsndetails.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I read each and every one of them :) ! Please be respectful and don't spam up the comments with links and page references asking me to check out your blog, if you would like me to check out your blog please send me an email and I would be happy to to do so: pinkpolishaddict@gmail.com. Comments with links and page references will not be approved to post.