Saturday, October 8, 2011

Newspaper Print Mani

A while back a saw a really cute mani on YouTube that was really simple, so I made a mental note to revisit it at a later date. Well that date has come for me to give it a try. For my base I used two coats of Skulls and Glossbones by OPI. I LOVE the whole Pirates collection, two easy coats for all, best and easy to manage formula, and they all dry to a glossy finish! OK so for the newspaper print mani you paint your nails and let them dry, dip your finger in rubbing alcohol, and then press a piece of newspaper over your nail for a few seconds and there you have it. You can watch the tutorial video here, Cute Polish has tons of tutorial videos on YouTube, she's AMAZING! The print didn't come out as dark as I wanted, so next time I will hold it a bit longer, and I will also probably use Japanese letters or better print. Here's how it came out:




I should have held the paper with the letters going from side to side, but it totally slipped my mind. Here's my base Skulls and Glossbones.


So what did you think of my newspaper print mani?


Kisses
Marketta

5 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I read each and every one of them :) ! Please be respectful and don't spam up the comments with links and page references asking me to check out your blog, if you would like me to check out your blog please send me an email and I would be happy to to do so: pinkpolishaddict@gmail.com. Comments with links and page references will not be approved to post.