Thursday, November 10, 2011

butter LONDON Holiday 2011 Collection

Good Morning Babes! Today I have butter LONDON's Holiday 2011 Collection to share with you. I was very excited about this collection mainly because it looked like bL was stepping out of the box. I'm glad I finally have it although it took them 2 weeks just to send it to me and then sent it via FedEx the slowest way so it took another week for me to get it - from Washington state to DC is UNACCEPTABLE. I had to mention them on Twitter saying that I was never going to order for them again and that I would wait until ULTA gets it from now on. I magically had a new follower and a DM, and 30 minutes later I got a ship notification in my inbox. So naturally that put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to butter LONDON and I will never order from them directly again, piss poor service (excuse my language). So there was a bit of a damper on my excitement when I finally received my package 3 weeks after ordering it. OK rant over, onto the swatches.

Tart With A Heart has a soft pink shimmer base with green, orange, blue, pink, purple, and holo glitter, and gold micro glitter. I used 3 1/2 coats in these swatches. This is a layering polish, its never going to be opaque. The formula was on the thick side so allow a tiny bit a wait time in between coats or your going to get some drag. Dry time is very good but it dries gritty so I had to use 2 coats of SV.




Flash

Fairy Lights is described as a "liquid metal" rose pink. It took 2 coats to reach opacity, but there are still some slightly visible brush strokes with very careful application. The formula was terrible and painted on kind of patchy on the first coat which was weird. By bL standards this was horrid, the others I have, have amazing formulas and are easy to paint with. However the color is so pretty and worth it to me. I used INM OTD  as my tc.



Just to see what it would look like I added 1 coat of Tart With A Heart over Fairy Lights.


Black Knight ah the star of the trio how I love this one. Black jelly base packed with blue, red, silver and purple glitter. This is definitely a polish you want to layer over a black cream to preserve. The formula made me want to throw the bottle because its terribly goopy and hard to manage, I might just add a teeny bit of thinner. I used 3 coats to reach opacity and 2 coats of SV. The agony was well worth it because this polish is amaze balls! The pictures do not do it justice, it really needs to be seen in person.




Flash
 What do you think of this bL trio? I honestly think that they got the names of the pinks wrong, the glitter totally looks like it should be called Fairy Lights and not vice versa. Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow :)

Kisses
Marketta

8 comments:

  1. Thank you ladies. bL is definitely stepping out of their comfy creams zone :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally loving black knight...that may just be mybfirts butter London purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Black Knight! I'm passing on the others though. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first two are pretty but Black Knight is stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I read each and every one of them :) ! Please be respectful and don't spam up the comments with links and page references asking me to check out your blog, if you would like me to check out your blog please send me an email and I would be happy to to do so: pinkpolishaddict@gmail.com. Comments with links and page references will not be approved to post.